Several South African properties will offer complimentary wellness activities on Saturday, 11 June as part of the 11th Annual Global Wellness Day (GWD) celebration.
This is the only day of the year dedicated to living a well life. The 2022 GWD theme is #ThinkMagenta, an idea that rises amidst the negativity in the world – a reminder of the need for positive thought and action. Each year, tens of thousands of locations around the world join in GWD with in-person wellness activities, workshops and talks.
The South African properties that have committed their support for this year include Amani Spas, The Saxon Hotel Spa, The Drostdy Hotel and Spa, The Cape Grace, The Oyster Box, The Views, Matsimela Spa, and Beauty Training Institute (BTI), as well as Oukelele Spa in Namibia. They will host some exciting events and take time out to promote wellness and wellbeing for staff and guests.
Some 130 GWD Ambassadors around the world, plus key supporters, advisors and volunteers, have been working together to change people’s lives in a positive way and to add colour to their thoughts.
Says GWD Ambassador for South Africa, Emmy Stoltz: “Our supporters are more eager than ever to celebrate positivity and to promote wellness together for this year’s event. Besides the 3-hour on line GWD Presentations from around the world, South Africa will also be doing its bit to promote positivity, wellness and complimentary events from the tip of Africa.”
Some of the events and planned items for 2022 that form the basis of the complementary activities on offer include the following:
· Counting your steps on GWD – a challenge for anyone and everyone right across South Africa.
· Wearing Magenta on GWD to promote positivity.
· Staff wellness initiatives for various teams around the country for the whole week before GWD.
· Promoting healthy living and the GWD manifest to change to healthier habits.
· Hiking events around the country, from beachfronts, to mountains.
· Online Sophrology exercise for stress, anxiety and depression – especially to support children.
· Online Sound Therapy Workshop via the GWD SA Facebook Page.
· Online Exercise Sessions.
· Online Yoga Sessions.
· Fun walks with family.
· Collecting rubbish and tidying up nature.
· Doing a good deed for someone who needs your support.
· Challenge your friends to share the best family meal pictures on the day.
· Events to promote wellness and positive family life.
· Watching the 3-hour live stream via the GWD main Facebook page.
· Promoting wellness foods around the world sees our participation with a renowned South African chef judging this fabulous initiative. Look out for our healthy South African dish, a lovely Lentil Bobotie, to be published in a free download soon.
· Promoting wellness drinks around the world sees our submission of Rooibos Iced Tea as a truly healthy South African drink. Again another free download coming your way.
If you would like more information, do not hesitate to contact Emmy Stoltz GWD Ambassador for South Africa. Email email@example.com
You can also download more information from the GWD webpage https://www.globalwellnessday.org/