• Joanna Sterkowicz

Almost half of appointment bookings happen out of hours


Photo by Brett Sayles from Pexels

Spas and salons without an online or app-based booking function could lose out on as much as 46% of business, found research by Phorest Salon Software.


Georgia Seago of Professional Beauty UK writes: “The research revealed that while just over half (54%) of appointments are booked during opening hours, the remainder (46%) happens while spas and salons are closed.

“By analysing the hourly appointment booking trends of over 5,000 salons and spas, Phorest found that 28% of out-of-hours bookings happen in the evening after salons close and 18% take place in the morning before doors open.


“The company then asked 1,000 spa and salon customers what website features were important to them when considering booking a service, to which 32% specified online booking capability.”


Seago notes that the most important feature (56%) was an up-to-date contact page listing location, contacts and opening hours.


A treatment menu with accurate pricing was next, with 40% of clients choosing this feature.

Gen Z (those aged 18 to 24) was the group most likely to want out-of-hours booking options, followed by millennials (25 to 34) at 36%.

0 views
  • Facebook Social Icon
  • Twitter Social Icon
  • Instagram Social Icon
  • LinkedIn Social Icon
PB-web-banner.jpg

 © All material on this web site is subject to copyright and remains the property of 

TE Trade Events  (PTY) LTD, 263 Oak Avenue Ferndale South Africa